As an expression of our desire to be one with the church as a whole, we affirm our commitment to the core truths contained in the Nicene and Apostolic Creeds. We have deliberately avoided closely defined doctrinal statements simply because the basis of our relationship is not the fine points of doctrine but upon a commitment to the core and tolerance with regard to the non-core doctrines.
Crosslink Christian Network seeks to develop as a work of God based on Scripture and the power of the Holy Spirit in the Australian environment.
1. The Authority of Scripture – We value the Bible as the full revelation of Jesus Christ and seek to approve all things according to the Word of God. We are committed to believing God to fulfil every promise contained in Scripture. (2 Timothy 3:16)
2. The Lordship of Jesus Christ – We value our relationship with the Father through Jesus Christ as our primary commitment and seek to serve Jesus as Lord through the whole of our lives. (Acts 2:36)
3. The Power of the Holy Spirit – We value the empowering of the Holy Spirit as the essential enablement for ministry that would bear witness to Jesus. We seek to develop in the operation of all the gifts and graces of the Spirit given by God as supernatural equipment for the ongoing ministry of Jesus (Acts 1:8)
4. The Command of Jesus to Make Disciples – We value the commitment to fulfil the Great Commission given by Jesus to the church, to preach the gospel to every person, seeking to draw them to become His disciples. We will seek to multiply this ministry through planting churches. (Matthew 28:18 – 20)
5. The Uniqueness of the Local Church – We value the ministry of the Spirit through the local church and seek to express our faith by belonging to a local church and to exercise our ministry by the power of the Spirit as part of that Body. (Ephesians 1:22; Acts 2:40 – 47)
6. The Unity of the Spirit – As local churches / ministries we seek the unity of the Spirit with every believer and with all churches / ministries that confess faith in Jesus Christ. We desire to co-operate with the other churches / ministries in our region in order to proclaim the Gospel to every person. (John 17:21; Ephesians 4:3)
7. The Centrality of Worship – We value worship, as we seek to respond to God’s desire for a people who worship Him in Spirit and truth. (John 4:23)
8. The Pursuit of Holiness – We are committed to becoming like Jesus. We desire that our personal lives and our relationships generally will reflect more and more of His character. (1 Peter 1:15)
9. Care for the Poor – We want to fulfil the command of Christ to care for those special people in God’s sight whom the Bible refers to as “the poor”. (Matthew 25:31 – 46)